Royal Icing Recipe!
- 6 TBSP Meringue Powder - I just Wilton Brand
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 2 TBSP Karo Syrup
- 2 LBS Powdered Sugar
- In a bowl, whisk the meringue powder and water until you get a frothy, beer foam texture.
- Add in Karo syrup and whisk until combined.
- Move to stand mixer - or use hand mixer
- With a paddle attachment, gradually add in half of the powdered sugar until combined. Then add in the remaining powdered sugar and whip icing for 3 minutes or until thick and glossy - at least 3 min!
- Place in an air tight container to avoid crusting and drying out
Consistency - THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!
- Icing straight out of the mixer is super thick and great for flowers or stenciling.
- Use a squeeze bottle to add warm water in small amounts at a time to thin your icing to the desired thickness.
- If you make your icing too thin, sift in powdered sugar to thicken the icing.
- Outline consistency - think toothpaste
- Flood consistency - think ranch dressing or honey